Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Shimmy Shimmy

I experienced my first East Coast earthquake today.

My goodness do people handle these things way different than they do in southern California! People running out of buildings screaming. I felt bad but it was quite funny. Miss P and I walked calmly out of the building and went home.

People out here should come to California and experience our earthquakes! To their defense they don't get them often and the buildings are not built to with stand earthquakes.
It was a 5.8 magnitude. Nothing fell off the walls, no one got hurt, no major building damage. All is good here :) They say this is the first 5.8 earthquake since 1897, wow!

Now, on a more serious note Hurricane Irene is on a potential path to hit us here in North Carolina. 
I hear that if Hurricane Irene touches ground here it will be the first time in a LONG time that a hurricane has touched ground in the US.

It is projected to hit Charlotte which is about 45 minutes east of us. So if anything we will get us it will be a HUGE storm but not much else. I am hoping that whenever it happens Mr. G will be home with us. The storms here are nothing like they are in California...they are scary!




Payton in her 7 month onesie! I can't believe I have a 7 month old daugther1

she is hanging out while I do the dishes...she loves to put her feet up! Silly girl!

Here is to shaky grounds and swirling winds!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment