Friday, August 26, 2011

Dinner Success!!!

Yup yup I did it! I pulled it off! Dinner was a success!

Not a drop of food or crumb left to eat when the guys left! Even the Cake was gone!

Yesterday went exactly as planned! And I even made it to the gym and took Miss P for a swim. ( I felt bad that Elmo was watching her all day!)

The guys loved the food. This was the first time I have ever cooked for a group of people! I get self conscious and worry people say it was good just to be polite and not that they really thought so! 

Not much else to say other than next time I am going to have make double! One guy even came back for 3rds and was like oh man its gone! The guys watched some preseason football and they were loud! A lot of jokes and playful banter about everyday stuff that happen at the office. I felt out of the loop since I didn't get the jokes and if you know me I like to get whats going on!

Miss P was really good! Journei (Chris and Tiffany's daugther) gave each other kisses! I don't have a photo of Journei but she is 19 months and the size of a 3 year old! No lie she wears 2T clothes! She is the sweet girl who looks just like her daddy! Mr. G and Chris are really good friends. (My boy as Mr. G and Chris put it) They were on teh last staff together and they do everything together! Chris picks Mr. G up for work every morning (cause we only have one car) and they workout together every day too! Chris is a big boy and has such a accent that I have to have Mr. G translate our conversations! Yesterday was his birthday and he turned 29! Tomorrow we are going to dinner with them for Chris's birthday to Cheesecake Factory! Woot! I am excited!

hahah

my little beauty!

roasting tomatoes is not for the weak!

about 5 mins into putting the food out!

singing Chris Happy Birthday!

Chris's wife Tiffany with Miss P.


my poor couch :( easily over 1,000lbs of men on it!

On a serious note the hurricane Irene will be hitting North Carolina tomorrow early morning. It is quite possible we could get huge storm from it. I am off to the store when Miss P wakes up to buy some water and candles. Then I will pull out our flash lights JUST in case. I rather be ready especially now with a baby. Obama even made an announcement saying this is going to be a historical hurricane. Those words never mean anything positive!  

Here is too happy hosting!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your successful dinner party! You did a LOT of work and with a little one to care for to-boot! Yaaaay Jen! :)

    ReplyDelete