Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I AM IN A ...

New mommy funk.

Yea, that's right. I said it. I am in a funk. I am not affraid to admit it. I am only human.

I love my little girl. I do. With all my heart. I could not imagine a life without her and her sweet smile.

But in the mist of being a mommy and taking care of my little one (which I love)

 I feel like I forgot to take care of myself in the mist of frantically figuring out how to care for a baby and not to screwing it up!

I can go weeks without putting on make up (which is great for my skin but not so great for the people who have to look at my face aka. husband)

I sometimes go days without actually getting dressed. (example: I wear a baggy t-shirts and wear Mr. G's shorts with my hair in a bun )

It's a form of birth control, I swear.
 Ok, that is a lie. It's not, but you think it would be right?
(We will leave that comment right where it is) 

Mr. G is lucky if I remember to shave my legs or wash my hair! ( insert ewwww *here* )
 Don't worry I do brush my teeth! ( insert a whew *here*)

When I was in California last week. I went out for a girls night.

 I did my hair *gasp*, put make up on *gasp*
 I got all dolled up like I used to waayyyy back when....
Wayyyy back like a year ago. hahahah. I know. I know.  I am so funny.

Anyways, that is when I sorta realized I was losing a part of myself that I do not technically want to lose.

Call it the vanity of a so cal girl if you want, but I want to look nice and presentable. So my husband can be proud when he says "yup, thats my wife!"

 Especially in this town of Boiling Springs with a population total of 200 people.
 You are going to run into people you know or people who know who you are. And I am tired of being asked if I am a student. Ya, its that bad. Believe me now?

So, from here on in addition to this 30 day challenge, I will...Put some make up on! Do my hair! Put some clothes on!( I make it sound like I run around in my birthday suite don't I? I assure you I don't, its not a good look .I guess I should say get dressed everyday. whatevs you get the picture)

I think it will help me with my funk and help me feel like I am still me, Mr. G's wife AND Miss P's mama, I am just going to look cute while I do it! Can I get a AMEN?!

Here is to shaving legs and washing your hair!

Blogger out!

3 comments:

  1. Omg! Remember all of this. I felt lime an alien in my own body after the kids were born. I was always feeding or changing the babies. But I always wore lipstick and earrings .... LOL if felt like if that's all I had time for then that's what I would do. This is normal Jen. Your a mommy, wife and a young ladie. And your wonderful at all of it I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. G and Ms. P are so lucky to have you in their lives, you are always there for both of them. Make-up, hair, clothes....all a bonus! But if it makes you feel better then go for it, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel! When you do go out for the day, it's more important that the baby looks cute and if there's enough time, then mommy gets ready. All anyone wants to see is the baby now anyway, right!? I know you're not a morning person but maybe waking up 15-20 min before she does to spend time on yourself will help! :)

    ReplyDelete