Sunday, August 14, 2011

Im crafty tafty!

So, I was feeling a tad crafty yesterday. Or I was just tired of looking at the sad sad chairs in our kitchen. You decide.

Anyways, I got the idea to recover my chairs!

 I have had these chairs since college and they are in really good condition except that fabric on the chair which has water stains and a ink stain from all the moves they have endured. I have tried to clean them before but it just made it worse.

I did it a slightly ghetto way.  I only say ghetto because I didn't remove the seat from the chair!!)

All you need is :
Fabric you want to use to recover the chair with
Staple gun
Scissors

And Whola! You just gave your chair a face lift! It took all of an hour!

Here are my before and after! It was just like wrapping a present!


Here is my before. Eww right? The fabric on the chair was the original fabric I was going to use. But my mom had some extra fabric that was bright and would add a nice pop to the room.

Finished product! Not too shabby huh?!

Here is to a fantasically fun and crafty Sunday!



2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a difference! You did a great job and it didn't cost you any money since you used your mom's remnants. The colors do pop! Nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jen I am totally impressed! I would have never thought there was a crafty bone in your body :) Looks great!

    ReplyDelete