Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Weekly Update: Week 19

Week: 19

MONTH: 4

TRIMESTER: 2

GENDER: GIRL!!!!!

THIS WEEK THE BABY IS: Baby girl your sensory development is exploding! Your brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that you may be able to hear mommy and daddy's voice now, so those song we have been singing to you and the conversations we share with you, you can probably hear it now! Baby girl you weigh about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom —about the size of a tomato Your arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of your body now. Your kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on your scalp is sprouting whoo-hoo (for all those cute bows momma bought you!). A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on your skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

THE BABY SIZE:


WEIGHT GAIN: 14 lbs! whew!

SYMPTOMS: None! I am definitely feeling the effects of the weight gain and my hands and feet swell up really easily.

CURRENT MOOD: Good mood! I get irritable easily thanks to baby girls extra estrogen! boo

CURRENT CRAVING:
I would say that I am eating Gold Fishes very consistently! Does that count?!

CURRENT WORRY:
The weight gain! I am walking 4 days a week and gained 2.5 lbs this week!!! I talked to the doctor about it and he says and that I am right on target with my weight gain and that they will tell me when to worry! So I will!

BELLY PHOTO HERE:

If you look closely you can see my belly button has popped out, not all the way but it is obvious when I wear t-shirts!


No comments:

Post a Comment