Tuesday, August 3, 2010

WALL PAPER, PAINT, and FUMES Oh My!

Last week my wonderful in-laws came to town to come check out the new town we lived in and to come hang out with us! But oh boy did we have big plans for them! Since Mr. G couldn't be around to help I desperately needed my in-laws help to paint and decorate the place so that my new home can actually feel like a home!

So to start off Mr. G and I decided to do some prep work to help out!!
This is what the whole place looked like, covered in wall paper and to the right of it half of it peeled off that we were doing! It took us about a week to remove all the wall paper we had patience for! We still have a bathroom and kitchen to do! (We will see if it gets done or not!)


This a photo of the baby room after we removed the wall paper but before we painted it!


This was our living room before our furniture got here and us stealing the neighbors Internet!


This is Rick working on my purple bathroom!!


Did you notice his fancy shoe covers?! Leave it to Rick to be crafty! Check them out!


Our newly painted and decorating living room!


Of course not everything is completed! As of now our fireplace is our TV stand!
This is a after photo of the baby room! The wall paper was so old in this room that Rick had to use a special prepping paint but the name of it has escaped my pregnant brain! But anyways, it was so strong and fuming Bobby's mom and I had to leave the house. When we got back it was still so bad I had to wear a mask for 2-3 days after!!! Gotta watch out for Baby G you know?!

So, now I just need to learn the gender so I cans start to decorate! (Side note: I wrote this before I found out the gender! And now I know and can officially get to work! Yay!)


Aside from the baby room this is my favorite room!




The view from our kitchen!




2 comments:

  1. Everything looks so nice! I definitely see your mother-in-law's influence in your home decor. She has great taste! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, Everything looks wonderful. You are such a lucky young lady to have all that help. Rick and Sue are awesome. It is always so nice to have everything so fresh and clean.

    ReplyDelete