Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Weekly Update: 37 Weeks

Ladies and Gentleman we now have a full term baby!!!
Now its just a matter of waiting!!!



WEEK: 37

MONTH: 9

TRIMESTER: 3

GENDER: Girl!

THIS WEEK THE BABY IS: Precious baby girl you are now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If mommy was to go into labor now, your little lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside my womb.

Baby girl you now weigh about 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel. Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But I won't be surprised if your hair isn't the same color as mine, you are a melting pot of ethnicities little one. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz. Either way my precious child I cannot wait to meet you. It is killing me that I have to wait any longer!!! By the way in case you didn't already know. Mommy loves you!!!

SYMPTOMS: I am getting sick, or should I say fighting getting sick. I have an off and off stuffy noise and nasal congestion and a sore throat. Nothing to say I am "sick" but feels like I am on the edge of it!

CURRENT MOOD: Excited!!!

CURRENT CRAVING: Nothing still... eating is almost a chore at this point.

DOCTOR UPDATE: I am just about 1 centimeter dilated! Woot! She is head down. Her heart beat is in the strong 140's and she is moving more than ever! My blood pressure is an amazing 120/70. Which makes me proud because a lot of non pregnant people don't have blood pressure that good! I have gained a even 35 lbs! Which was my target weight gain. I am sure I will go over a few pounds but I am happy with this weight. Whoever said that babies movements slow down near the end of the pregnancy clearly didn't have you inside them!!! You are one active baby! I have a feeling your going to be an active child!!!!

BELLY PHOTO:

Attention!!! Look how cool, you can clearly see the outline of my uterus (fondus) in these photos! So crazy!






1 comment: