Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Weekly Update: 36 Weeks!

WEEK: 36

MONTH: 9!!!! And the count down begins!

TRIMESTER: 3

GENDER: Girl!

THIS WEEK THE BABY IS: Baby you are still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. You now weigh almost 6 pounds!!! Yay and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. You are shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered your little body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protecting your skin during your nine-month amniotic bath in my belly! Baby girl you will swallow both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of you first bowel movement. Don't worry we will make daddy clean it up! At the end of this week, lil baby you will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks) Most likely you are in a head-down position. But if your are not the doctor may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying he'll try to coax your body into a head-down position by manipulating you from the outside of my belly.

SYMPTOMS: I feel terrible. I am tired, I feel like I have the flu without being sick. All I want to do is lay in bed all day. So for the most part I do.

CURRENT MOOD: Anxious and excited!!!!

CURRENT CRAVING: none this week... nothing sounds good.

CURRENT WORRY: How much longer do I have?! Is it bad that a part of me wants her here at 37 weeks and another part of me doesn't want her to come till Jan 5th so that I know she has completely cooked and ready? I know that 100% my comfort and wants are second to what is best for her so despite that we all want her here early and want to see her precious face now, I will keep praying for a Jan 5th baby and that she stays nice and snug in my belly till then! But ultimately she will come when she is ready!!! So we wait :)

Belly Photo:


1 comment: