Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pumpkin Cake

So as part of my thanksgiving contribution I made a pumpkin cake!

It is nothing fancy or difficult to make. But I figure I have not done a food post about something I have made in a while (and lets me honest cooking has not been my thing lately)

Anyways here we go:

The ingredients!

Pumpkin Cake Recipe
*This makes either two 9 inch square pans OR a 13 x 9 (+) a 5 x 9 pans. The one at the shower was a 13 x 9 and I got to keep the 5 x 9 cake at home :) Putting the batter in one 13 x 9 would be too much.
Ingredients:
3 cups flour
3 cups sugar
1 TBL baking soda
1 TBL baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
Sift all dry ingredients together in one bowl
In a separate bowl combine:
6 eggs
1 1/2 cup vegi oil
3 cups pumpkin puree (you can use the whole can. It's the bigger size can)
Add wet ingrediens to dry in a mixer
Spread into greased pans
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45min
Frosting:
1 - 8oz bar of cream cheese
1 cube margarine
1 lb powedered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Mix all ingredients in mixer
*Note: Make sure the cake is completely cool before frosting. I usually bake the cakes the night before and make the frosting the next morning.


The final product!

2 comments: