Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Weekly Update: 24 Weeks

WEEK: 24

MONTH: 6

TRIMESTER: 2

GENDER: GIRL!!!!!

THIS WEEK THE BABY IS: Baby your growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts you at just over a pound! Woo hoo! Since your almost a foot long (picture and ear of corn), you cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but your body is filling out proportionally and you'll soon start to plump up. Lil girl your brain is also growing quickly now, and your taste buds are continuing to develop. Little one your lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help your air sacs inflate once you hit the outside world. Your skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

THE BABY SIZE:

WEIGHT GAIN: 19lbs and all in my butt, boo

SYMPTOMS: Tired.
CURRENT MOOD: Anxious, I know I have a way to go but with the birth of Baby S it has made me realize that in not too long I too will be holding my bundle of joy with less than stellar sleep and that is exciting and scary all in one!

CURRENT CRAVING: Still Popsicles!

CURRENT WORRY: None really

BELLY PHOTO HERE: I am beginning to appreciate my small belly.






1 comment: