Wednesday, October 12, 2011

old wives tales.

To start I want to clarify that I am not a superstitious person, I don't believe in wives tales and I do not believe in good luck charms or anything of that sort. I dunno why, but I have never been that way. Having said that I never ever diss anyone or judge those who do.

Ok to the main reason I am blogging this.

Today, I was exposed to a wives tale that takes the cake in tales.... never even knew people believed in stuff like this. Now, don't worry I am not going to start putting eggs under my bed to help Miss P's teething (huge wives tale here) or put a nickle around her neck (also for teething)

Anyho, today at the play group I go to at the YMCA, a fellow mommy was telling us other moms about a family tradition that tells you how many kids you are going to have and the sex of the kids in order they are born. ( Picture me here rolling my eyes and shaking my head) She was telling us she is 1 of 6 kids and it has predicted every one in her family's kids right and there has not been one mistake yet. (OK, so here I listen up a little mor but I am still like ya right ) To clarify she is 1 of 6 and each of her siblings have kids.

So a few of the moms tell her how they want to try it out and see for themselves. Me? I was like count me out.
So, they start trying. What you need is a gold or platinum ring solid, no diamonds or anything. Then you need a piece of string and you have to tie the ring to the end of it. Next you put the ring over your wrist and the rest you watch.

How it works is circles are girls and swinging back and forth are boys. The ring will always go in a circle for the mother first then show you the kids you already have. It stops to a full dead stop between each person and kid. I watched 5 woman do this. And each time I saw the mother and the kids they already had, and then some had more kids others the ring stopped dead in its tracks and did not budge after that. Your thinking crazy right?!

SO CRAZY!

So, guess who decides to give it a try?

Me!

So. The ring turns once for me and stops.

The ring then turns in another direction for Miss P and stops!

The ring then turns in ANOTHER directions and stops (another girl)!!

The ring then turns AGAIN in the other directions and stops (ANOTHER GIRL)!!!

Basically this ring told me I was going to have THREE GIRLS!

And this lady told me it has NEVER EVER been wrong to her or anyone on in her family!

Now, I told her next week I wanted to try this again and see if anything changes!

I do not expect anyone to believe this, but let me tell you come December if your in California come find me and we are going to do this!

This maybe the first type of superstitious, wives taleish thing I have ever might almost believe in. I am still a skeptic until I have tried a few more times but wow! Crazy huh?

I told Mr. G who knows my stance on silly stuff like that and I think he believed me but his response was. "It is wrong, because we will keep having kids till we have a boy."
Ha keep dreaming honey.

Wow 3 girls! We will see!!!

Tell me what you think people?!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! Crazy pants!!! I def want to try the next time I see you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way and don't believe in this stuff. It's a little hard not to on this one after THAT many correct predictions! Can't wait to try it out when you come visit! :)

    ReplyDelete