Sunday, January 2, 2011

Anniversary NYE!!! Part 1

New Years Eve was Mr. G's and I, ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! *fist pump*

This is a major milestone for all newlyweds, because it is first year of so many adjustments and changes. I have to say that we made it through the year with a solid A+. Seriously people I don't lie.

In our first year we:

  • Got married
  • Moved into our first place together
  • Successfully survived our first big purchase ( his ginormous tv)
  • Found out we were pregnant
  • Mr. G got his first D1 football coaching job
  • Mr. G's new job having us move across the country (California to North Carolina) *I was 3 months pregnant
  • 3 months pregnant sleeping on an air mattress together for 2 weeks! All because our moving truck was late
  • 4 flat tires
  • A car accident 29 weeks pregnant *Mr. G was driving (it wasn't his fault)
  • Mr. G's football staff getting fired.
  • Me being 39 weeks and 3 days pregnant.
We did all this in one calendar year and honestly we did it (not to brag) so effortlessly that the only thing I can conclude from this year is that we are so meant for each other!! Also if we can survive a year like this together we can handle anything!!! Now we get to start 2011 with a new family addition (whenever she decides to pop out her precious little head) *pun intended. And I have never been more excited to see where this year takes us!

Here are some eye stimulation for those who enjoy it :) Before and After our one year!

December 31, 2009:



December 31, 2010:



Because of our job uncertainty we decided to forgo anniversary gifts and keep it sweet and simple ( a night of dinner and a movie) We both promised each other when the time is right we will celebrate big and lavishly for the years we need to remain modest. BUT Mr. G had a different plan and decided to buy me a gift that I had my eye on.


Yup that is right, it is a diaper bag. A lot has changed in a year hasn't it?

If you would have asked me a few years ago if I would be happy to get a diaper bag as a gift for my one year anniversary, I would tell you I think you lost your mind. But in all honesty, I couldn't be happier!!


Anyways, Happy Anniversary and CHEERS to many many more!!!

1 comment:

  1. great post! we are so excited for you that I am stalking your site waiting for you to go into labor! I think it is going to be tonight! I'm going to place a $1.00 bet on it with Cos!

    ReplyDelete