Thursday, June 10, 2010

We are the Bulldogs the mighty might bulldogs...

Hey ya'll! Mr. G and I finally made it to NC at 11:30pm late last night.

So... early this morning we went over to the school and had an opportunity to met the head coach and most of the football staff! They are all really nice guys with great thick southern drawls. I am going to have to work really hard understand! I also was able to met one of the other coaches wife. I won't lie and say she didn't look surprised to see how young Mr. G and I are!!! Btw, let me just mention that Mr. G's new position at a D1 is a really big deal! Not to gloat cause he is my husband and all, but he is one the youngest football coaches in the NCAA!! To put that into perspective! Anyways, back to work after that we got our benefits package and talk to HR.

Here is a photo look at our first day!



This is what most houses look like in Boiling Springs...can you believe this guys front yard!!!! All I can think about is Forrest, Winston and Jack excited and running wild! Unfortunately this is not a place for little dogs like that!



This is what you see the drive to Boiling Springs! When we say we are in the country, sticks, boondocks, in the boohicky-hoo this is why!!!

This is the front entrance of the school.


The football offices. Nice huh!


This is the schools mascot and the first thing you see when you enter the football offices. I am not sure if this guy has a name, but I need to find out soon before I start nicknaming him "Buddy" or something silly and embarrassing.

This the cemetery that is across the street from Gardner Webb...weird and random huh!

This is my parents dock on Moss Lake! It is so pretty and the land behind me is just covered with gorgeous trees and a ridiculously long path to get there!

This another view of Moss lake, this is the lake that we hope to live !


So Mr. G and I were driving by some places we are going to look at tomorrow so we can judge the book by its cover. In the distance you see this white long cloud from the ground up! Mr. G asks " What do you think that is?" Silly me says "Aww just a little rain." Pish boy was I wrong! It turned out to be a funnel cloud accompanied by and lightening storm! It was scary and this photo in no way shape or form does this storm justice!

Alright so I had a heck of a time writing this post! The power went out in the middle of it as I accidentally posted it! Errors in all! Tomorrow we will be looking at houses which I will take photos of and post! We also have a dinner date with one of the coaches. He was super nice to call us up and invite us up to hang out with his family! Yay! Talk to you guys tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the photos! It's so nice to be able to travel along with you and see the sights of NC and Gardner-Webb! Makes me feel like it's not so far away.

    Best of luck to the two (make that three!) of you. :)

    ReplyDelete